Monday, November 2, 2009

The Honest Scrap Award

I have been awarded the Honest Scrap Award from my pal Kitty at Return To Bohemia. Apparently I have to follow these rules:


1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.

Thank you Kitty! I love your blog and am very happy to have met you through the blogosphere!



2) Share 10 honest things about yourself.

1. Thanks to my grandparents I can recite Humpty Dumpty, and various sea shanties, in Hindi.


2. When I was young I won 3 Blue Peter Badges(fellow expat Brits will understand the enormity of this.)


3. I've spent the last 6 years teaching my cat to speak.


4. In 1988 I spent 2 weeks taking care of Cathy Lee Gifford's hair and makeup.


5. I get up very early every morning - I don't like to have to do anything early but I like to be up, just in case.


6. I have a serious addiction to peanut butter - salted, crunchy - and never, ever, with jam or jelly - yuck.


7. I have tried most crafts but only enjoy the ones I can complete in one day.


8. I was a strict vegetarian for 16 years but never gave up haggis - it is, after all, a vegetable - isn't it?


9. The night before flying out of Paris last year I bought a beautiful pair of boots which turned out, the next day, to be 2 right feet.


10. I can't get wet - especially in the hair area.



3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.

1. Cate at Under The Blanket because she is so interesting and I think everyone would enjoy her responses.

2. Carina at Crow and Canary because she's such a cool chic with a great sense of humour.

3. To Dandy Bread and Candy because she's a great designer and an enthusiastic blogger - I like her style!

4. Cathe at Feterie because she's hard working and generous and I'd love to know more about her.

5. Nina at House of Temps Perdu because she lives so far away in Helsinki and I think her life must be so interesting.

6. Julie Reed at Bricolage because I want to know more about the gal behind the vintage fabulousness.

7. At Home With Kim Vallee because she has so much energy for social media and she inspires me every day



4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin