Monday, August 18, 2008

Garden Party | Conran 

I was thinking about those caged chandeliers that I showed you on Friday. Wire objects always appeal to me - their armature forms make me want to grab a pencil and draw them. So I went looking for some more. These colourful ones from Conran are fun. They have a sort of 1960s 'Bewitched' feel to them don't you think? And they are actually quite big - almost a meter high! Not sure what I would do with them. If I had a very white Mod house (which I don't) they would look very groovy swinging in the breeze. I do find their shape quite inspiring especially the slightly off centred, onion shaped one. 

These are very handsome birdcages, above, especially the one on the left which has a marvelous tiled zinc roof that will turn to a soft powdery white finish if you leave it outside in the elements for very long. All fun and completely frivolous wired items that caught my attention at the Conran shop.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin