Thursday, April 12, 2012

Forage - Gabriola Island this summer!


Recently, I was asked by Mariko Paterson McCrae to be a keynote speaker at FORAGE in August. I was delighted to say the least!

Forage is a summit/symposium for creatives of all sorts to tackle the issues that we face as self employed artists in today's global environment. Best of all, it takes place on Gabriola Island in the BC Gulf Islands - one of my favourite places to be(I'll be bringing my kayak)

I will be speaking about how my experience, launching and managing an internationally successful creative company from our remote location in the back woods of BC, can help you. Whether you are an urban artist or a rural crafter, I have lots of useful and insightful information to share with you. We'll discuss issues of business planning, scaling and sustaining your production, social media techniques, importing and exporting details, marketing and advertising - you name it - if I know it, we'll be talking about it!

If you are interested in participating check out the FORAGE website - attendance is limited, it's a great price and I think you'll have loads of fun! Let me know if you're going to be there! I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people.

Oh, and guess what else? Doug's speaking too - so it's like a 2 for 1 - you get both of us :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin