Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Art, Craft and Design | St Judes Gallery

St Judes is a gallery that presents excellent and unusual British art, craft and design. They also print and sell screen printed fabrics. They describe themselves as "Modern, British, eclectic and affordable." I really like what I found at this gallery online. The first artist that caught my eye was Emily Sutton and her birds . These are so wonderful. They look like they are sewn, stuffed, painted and embroidered canvas. I bet you love them as much as I do. There are about 40 of them on the web site.




The next item that caught my eye was Angie Lewin's illustration - and the wonderful textiles that they print at St Jude that are available to buy. Most of Angie's illustrations are wood engravings - great to see someone using traditional print methods. They have a very retro 1950's feel don't they - remind me of bark cloth curtains!




I'd like to feature some more of the artists from St Judes in the near future - it's great to see what everyone's up to across the pond!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin