Wednesday, February 10, 2010

White anyone?
Except for this first image, much of this pretty house below is painted white. I am fairly serious about painting our house all white inside this spring. Right now it is a very non descript beige with white trim. The ceiling needs painted anyway so it's a good time to just move everything into the centre of the living room and paint the whole place. I really like the all over white look with dark and wood accents - and then I can add a feature wall in an interesting colour - like this grey one. Any great tips for a bright, but not cold, white for a very sunny living space - preferably BM ?


I really don't want to end up with a shabby chic look when I'm finished painting the place white - I think you have to resist victorian furniture(and resist painting it all white!) All images from Houzz.com

11 comments:

Cate said...

You know I actually like everything! An abundance of great rooms...I think we might have to think about moving?

crowjoy said...

I love the images I see of all white houses but my one experience with an all white room was really stressful. Turns out, white makes me anxious if I have to keep it that way. :) Surely that's just my personal neurosis. No real advice though, sorry!

La Maison Fou said...

I like the digs; and in the summer with touches of garden inside in fleurs what a crisp, cool space!
L.

Linda said...

Ah spring. Robins, pussywillows and painting the entire house. What beautiful rooms.

dear pony said...

We are about to paint our entire (new) house white.
We are testing out some B M samples,
seatle grey, tundra and american white, it's difficult because there are so many shades. Do you have any whites you love Fiona?
Cloud cream and a la mode were also suggested.

TheSis Crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheSis Crew said...

Love this post! My favourite BM white is cloud nine. They use it in galleries I've heard, and it has both warm and cool qualities! - and a striking grey feature wall sounds fantastic.

lolo+sprout said...

To pull off a white room either the room has to have really interesting architectural features or great furniture. I also think it's all about layering with different textures too. I really like the trim painted out in dark grey. Love your ideas and style!

Jane Flanagan said...

Such a beautiful selection of images. I adore the white walls and grey trim!

Paula said...

As always love the blog! Glad you had fun at the shows. Your desire to paint white reminded me of a house I saw on Style Files recently that I love (and that's coming from a hard core color person) -- all white and note even a little shabby shic:) http://style-files.com/2010/02/04/a-swedish-home/

Lia said...

Hi Fiona, I've found that the best white in Benjamin Moore's line is "Decorator's White". It's the kind of white that goes with everything! Check it out, hope it helps!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin