Wednesday, December 19, 2012
We have some big news and we're really excited about it!
As of next week we are now doing all our own distribution in the US. In the past Cartolina has been wholesaled by national distributors across the US. But we've been listening to retailers and what we've heard is that things have changed in their world over the last 4 years and they want to connect with the people they do business with. They want to meet the manufacturers face to face and they want a personal connection with their suppliers. So we made a big decision a few weeks ago to 'bring home' our distribution and start working with our US retailers directly - offering a great new selection of product, better pricing and stellar customer service.
We've been very busy getting organized:
- We have hired a whole new sales force - wonderful people that we've worked with before - people who know Cartolina inside and out.
- We've negotiated strategically with carriers so that we can offer the best shipping prices to our buyers. No high priced, cross-border shipping prices here!
- We built a new shipping department onto the studio so that we are efficient (and have a stylish place to work of course!)
- We've published fabulous new paper catalogs and built a simple to use online ordering system.
- We've upgraded all our data bases and inventory systems so that going into 2013 we have the most efficient and sophisticated fulfillment, billing and shipping system I could ever have imagined.
We are ready to roll!
Creatively compiled by Fiona Cartolina at 1:00 PM