Monday, September 21, 2009

Interiors
This next super interior space is from the same book, above. I'm really liking this sparse studio space with the vintage fixtures and furniture. It's all in the simple details. If you're looking for furniture like this don't forget to check Cleveland Art who always have such a great selection of this kind of thing. I love the consistent use of natural materials and neutral colours - looks like every item has a history without making the place look stuffy and old fashioned. 




6 comments:

Joan@anthinggoeshere said...

This studio was my favorite feature in that book. I love that industrial rack with the rolled papers.

I have an English tea tin like the ones you feature in my post today that I just picked up at an Estate Sale. xo Joan

Geisslein said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these old things! Cleveland Art is really a great website - thanks for the tipp!
Wish you a great start in the new week. Sunny greetings from germany, geisslein

Julie said...

My favorite part of your post: "looks like every item has a history". So very true!

marzi said...

if i could, i would furnish my entire studio just like this!

Di Overton said...

I'm hooked on these industrial style office spaces

Melissa said...

I am usually a big fan of color...whenever I move into a new place I'll paint a wall or cover it in a colorful fabric immediately. But this studio is the first "neutral" interior space that really makes me reconsider my aesthetic. I think it's because so many white-walled, neutral rooms that I've seen are so minimalist that it's not only boring, but completely unrealistic. This still manages to have tons of character! Love it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin