Monday, September 21, 2009

By the book
Not long ago when I was shopping in the US I bought one of those Pottery Barn decorating books at TJ Max for $4.99. I have a few of their books and I think they are really good - and I have to say I think that they are a lot more inspiring than their stores - which seem to have gone very dull and mainstream in the last few years. This particular book, Storage & Display, was printed in 2004. I finally had a moment to flick through it this weekend and here are a few of the things that caught my eye. First up is this display of old books covers - framed and hanging in a group. This looks really great and a very good way to display some of those fabulous old Penguin Books that I was drooling over here a few weeks ago(and really this is just a good excuse to post a picture of those delicious book spines again!)


These next 2 jewelry display ideas are great. This first idea of taking an easel back picture frame, lining it with velvet and displaying your favourite pieces as a collage of treasures, complete with an exotic family picture just makes me squeal - I love this! And then the 2nd idea, below, of using an old industrial display, in this case a cigarette cabinet, to store your sparkly jewels is superb. I would totally do this - if I had the perfect vintage display of course!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Love the jewelry cases, especially the addition of an exotic photo.
Very pretty

marzi said...

i'm seriously in love with all of these ideas! every.single.one!

AnnaVallance said...

Totally agree about Pottery Barn but I do enjoy their books.

Nikki Lawrence said...

The books are often available at HomeSense and Winners here in Canada for cheap too! I ditto your views of the store, very disapointing lately.
If I had a cool cigarette case like that I'd use it too!!!!

Jane Flanagan said...

Oh I love that cigarette case as jewelry box! I'm always on the search for attractive jewelry storage solutions!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin