Friday, February 6, 2009

The Martha Stewart Show
Okay so we went to a taping of the Martha show. Just like so many other creative people I have been a big fan of Martha Stewart for as long as I can remember. I have back issues of her magazines that go back almost twenty years. I LOVED seeing her in person - she is fabulous! I sat there with a silly grin on my face for the entire show - what can I say? I barely even remember anything she said, anything she cooked or any sparkly little bracelet thing she made during the show. In my mind she can do no wrong.



The audience is treated very well before the show with complimentary lunch/snacks if you are hungry. The set is so beautiful - what else would you expect? On the far left is her test kitchen, with busy little chefs in there creating perfect little nibbly things, or whatever, for the entire length of the show. On the far right is a wonderful greenhouse area full of beautiful and unusual plants and flowers - and there was someone in there gardening throughout the show too. Martha was friendly and warm to the audience and we all left with a wonderful Italian cookbook at the end of the show. 

Incidentally, I was chosen to ask Martha's guest a question during the taping but unfortunately(or fortunately I'm not sure which) I had the last question, out of six, and they ran out of time for mine. During the first 5 questions I had managed to work myself into a shaking, nervous wreck so it was probably best that I wasn't allowed to embarrass myself(and Doug) on live TV! I was a wee bit disappointed though :-( 

 All in all it was a great experience and I encourage anyone who has a few spare afternoon hours in New York to be part of the Martha Stewart audience!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin