Monday, February 9, 2009

NYC | Greenwich Village Storefronts
Today let's take a stroll down Bleeker St into the West Village. The buildings are fabulous - old and full of character. Lots of interesting residences with gorgeous old doors and windows and a nice selection of original old store fronts. It's funny really, Doug and I love to travel to a big city for our vacation. Whether it's New York, Paris or London we really enjoy just walking around grand old cities taking in the well worn patina of street level design - and most of all we love old store fronts and signage. Here are some of my favourite views of Greenwich Village.
















8 comments:

Julie said...

Really liking the way that red bench pops in front the shop.

Beth Leintz said...

I've mentioned it before, but just wanted to let you know that I've so enjoyed your street scene pictures of NYC

lejardengirl said...

so amazing shops...your a very good treature hunter (photographs) great!!

cartolina said...

Thanks Beth - I really appreciate the feedback. I was hoping that I wasn't boring everyone with our "holiday snapshots!"
f.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the NYC tour Fiona, I am loving it, especially the storefronts and Sak's window display.
Now I really have itchy feet.

dear pony said...

I was the anonymous one, Tracy, trouble with my password.
Hope the winter is treating you and Doug well, NYC looked like so much fun!

Jen said...

These are great. I love living vicariously through you photos of NYC. The shots of Greenwich Village remind me a bit of some spots in Seattle, like the Fremont shopping district or Ballard or the little shops that line Pike Place Market. The storefronts are also a bit Parisian? Maybe that's a stretch :) but I love them just the same...

Miss B. said...

Gorgeous shots! That squirrel slays me!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin