Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

It's a holiday in Canada today - it's Canada Day.
Most Canada Day weekends we go to George's birthday party. George Coletti is one of my all time favourite people. I met George the day we moved to Nelson in 1994 - we rented a very cool old apartment from him. Since then the Colettis have become like family to us and I'm really looking forward to this weekend because it's George's 90th birthday party. George and his family have owned the local junktique store in Nelson for a long time and I can genuinely say that most of the vintage furniture in my house is from their store. When we had the Dominion Café it was right next door to George's store and Lou, George's son, built the café interior for us. Lou is also the lucky owner of the best boat shed in the world - which I blogged about here. Here are a few pictures taken at George's store over the last few years . . .




Blog Widget by LinkWithin