Friday, July 9, 2010

Interiors - the boat shed

Last weekend we went to our friend's place for a birthday party. We love going to Lou's for a party because the parties are in the old boat shed. I snapped some shots before everyone showed up - thought you might like to see them. Everything in this boat shed is authentic - no reproductions here, no shabby chic or Martha Stewart. It has evolved naturally over the last 30 years into a wonderful, comfortable, authentic space with real vintage lake charm. Tons of great lakeside memorabilia. It's a great spot for a party - and if it had been just a little lighter I could have got even more pictures - maybe next time - enjoy . . . .


14 comments:

Debra said...

Gorgeous! Amazing spot for a party.

Cate said...

Gosh! How do you resist rummaging...such a great place for being very nosey.

Dina said...

I have been coming here to read your posts through capers and olives. I guess this is a right time to leave a comment :)
What a beautiful spot for a party. Are you in BC?

AnnaVallance said...

I'm not sure how sociable I'd be because I would be checking things out. Looks great!

Hannah said...

This looks awesome. I love when things are authentically weathered and have real character rather than being manufactured that way.

Cheri Lewis said...

It's so beautiful where you live! At first I thought the boats were miniatures on the windowsill, then, oh my gosh, I realized they were actually on the lake shore. I loved the little trick. ;)

Chantale said...

Those cupboards! That table! That incredible view.. sigh.. We have got to go on a trip to BC now. This is too beautiful...

The Armchair Parisian said...

What a wonderful, worn, welcoming place.

Laurie Grassi said...

That's amazing! What a great place to rummage around in! And what a fabulous beach for a swim – sans bears, I hope!! :) L

brooke said...

If the food matches the exceptional atmosphere I will becoming a regular.


Brooke
http://www.momentsofelegance.com

Suzanne said...

Wow, what a cool place!

Brittany Noel said...

Wow, this place is even better than I had imagined! I'm with AnnaVallance, I would not be able to talk to anyone! You are super lucky to have been in there. What a treasure trove!

Fiona Cartolina said...

So fun to read all your comments on this post. I hope that Lou came and read them too. It really is a special place. Dougs says that one day he will go down there and take some 'real' pictures of all the treasures!
Haha!

Semen Rendi said...

Find the latest used and new boats for sale.
Great used boat deals and prices.
More here here

Blog Widget by LinkWithin