Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spirograph(OMG)

I started a frenzy of flashbacks on Twitter a couple of weeks ago when I mentioned how much I loved my Spirograph when I was a kid(actually it could have been my sister's - not sure.) It was so fun, though it came with some complicated options that I was so intimidated by - like those long flat pieces that you were supposed to twirl your plastic circle around to create something other than a round pattern - did you ever actually try that? I want a Spirograph right now. I would try all the toughest tricks in the guide book - no problem - Yeh!


You can by these prints at Monster Gallery.

9 comments:

Alexandra said...

I used to have a spirograph and I LOVED that thing. I still miss it. These prints really take me back, thanks for sharing them!

Julie said...

I want one too! I always thought it was like magic - all those pretty images we created. The long piece was always hard to work with - seemed like you needed a third hand. :-)

fancylinda said...

My older sister had Spirograph, I had "Spiro-Tot". I always used hers though. I used to try pinning the long pieces down, but they would always come loose halfway through my design and ruin it. You can buy a similar toy nowadays called "Hypotrochoid Art Set". It comes in a little tin. I gave them out for Christmas gifts a couple years ago.

Angel said...

I just stumbled apon your blog and i've been looking for a Spirograph for so long. id love to have one!

Brittany at Home Ground said...

I LOVED my spirograph!! Best toy ever. I'd love to have one again. Just for fun. I'm sure I would never think to use it, I'd just like to have it, haha. These prints are awesome. I love the retro feel they have, it kind of counters the symmetry and geometric qualities of the prints.

Heather said...

These bring up such great memories from my childhood. Thanks for sharing!

cate said...

Oohhh I was thinking about Spirograph just the other day. I used to create on it for hours and hours- love the pice in the post. I need one now!

pennellolane said...

I spent many hours with my Spirograph as well.... LOVED it! These prints are great, they make me want a Spirograph again too!

Karen said...

A few years ago, I found a spirograph at an estate sale and you would have thought that I found GOLD! I loved mine as a child and sometimes get this one out to "play"!! (Shhhh!!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin