Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Found - vintage, galvanized wire card spinner

Okay so some of you may wonder how a person could get so excited over a vintage wire postcard spinner. Well to a card maker and postcard collector like me this is the bee's knees. I've had my eye on this for so long in the local antique store. I keep asking the guy when he's going to sell it to me. So on Saturday, he flagged me down on Baker St and told me I could have that card spinner I'd been coveting for so long - yes, that's right - he just gave it to me. Some people are so kind and generous - I luv it! And it even came with a few old cards!

Can you see, it even has a little clip on the top to put a business card.




10 comments:

AnnaVallance said...

As a collector of postcards, I got so excited when I saw what you scored. That is just great and some postcards too. Bonus!

Me salen alas (si me paras los pies...) said...

As always so original.
Cool.
Big kiss, D

Molly said...

I can completely understand your excitement. What a great treasure!

Julie said...

that is so amazing that he went as far as to flag you down, and bonus on him giving it to you! love it....you are on a vintage roll!

cupcake studio said...

Oh my...yes! That is a treasure indeed!

Layers and Layers said...

it was meant to be yours! i think thats so cool! Where will you put it? Will it be in your office OR?

Flavia said...

What a great find, Fiona! Have you ever heard of the Roundtop Antique Fair? I go to it every year. Here is the website: http://www.roundtoptexasantiques.com/

wedding invitation kits said...

I love this. Enchanting and such a conversation piece. Typical vintage - unique and one of a kind. I love it and I love displaying invitations and cards. Great find.

maria said...

You lucky girl!That is so beautifull.
I am a bit jelouse!
I am looking for one that you can screw on the wall for so long now.
You found so many lovely tressures!
Hugs
Maria

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Fantastic score - good for you

Blog Widget by LinkWithin