Thursday, September 2, 2010

Found - vintage accessories

There is a vintage section on the Free People website that I think you might like. Apart from the vintage clothes, that give me serious flashbacks, I think the accessories are quite neat. Especially the bags and belts . . .

First up a vintage carpet bag - a classic. Below, a vintage leather satchel with what looks like a stenciled star on it - which got me thinking - wouldn't this be a great diy crafty project - stenciling vintage leather hippy bags with cool, iconic symbols or flowers birds etc? What do you think? I'd like to try this.





They also have a selection of vintage cowgirl shirts - which are always fun! I noticed lots of western shirts in the stores for fall!

And as a side note, they have a great pair of long narrow rubber boots at Free People - you know, like wellies! If you're tired of the short, wide wellies - these look really great!

4 comments:

AnnaVallance said...

I remember having one of those leather bags. Love the cowgirl shirts.

Maren said...

This post reminds me that when I was in junior high, around 1993 or 1994, my favorite shirt in the world was a tan long-sleeved Free People t-shirt printed with '50s style cowboys, like a little boy's bedspread. I have never really forgiven my mother for shrinking that shirt! It was the first fashionable-label thing I ever bought, thanks to something in Sassy about Free People. :)

Candles by Nature said...

Ah, I love Free People! Thanks so posting, these pieces are gorgeous.

La Maison Fou said...

Nice!
I love the distressed leather purse and belt. And that shirt is just........ giddy up!
L.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin