Monday, April 19, 2010

Doug went for a ride on his bike yesterday and took a few pictures up the lake at Ainsworth - about 30 minutes from here. Ainsworth was one of the first towns on the lake back in the late 1800s and there are still a few of the original stores and hotels standing - with lots of original, and some not so original details. I thought the photographs Doug took were great so I'm featuring them here this morning.


The next couple of pictures were taken through the window of J B Fletcher's store - which is all closed up these days! The pictures look so ghostly don't they?


This last picture was taken at the window of the books store in Kaslo - I love the fact that you can see the paddle wheeler and glacier in the reflection. Nice job Doug!




6 comments:

Hanna said...

mmm Ainsworth was my favourite place to be when I was pregnant...

AnnaVallance said...

Those are great photos. We used to go to Ainsworth Hotsprings when we lived in GF. And we used to love camping at Roseberry.

Julie said...

The pictures of Fletcher's makes me wish I could sneak in there and peek around. ;-)

Three Owls said...

Beautiful photos... I want to go poke around in the shop as well, I wonder what they want for the mannequin?? hee hee

Kickcan and Conkers said...

You live in a wonderful place Fiona!

Doug said...

Anna- We used to go camping at Roseberry too! There were always lots of bears, and great Margaritas at the Wild Rose Cafe!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin