Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pink Pony
I ran across this when I was searching for vintage storefronts the other day for my Blog It Forward post(which I am still recovering from - longest post in the world!) So the Pink Pony looks like my kind of place - have any of you been here? Lower East Side, NY? Let's go! You know, I have been trying to get Doug to write restaurant reviews on Cafe Cartolina - he plans all our eats when we go to NY, Vancouver etc and he does a great job. He's a very good writer, good photographer and good wine drinker - that would make him a good restaurant critic, right? I think we should get him to be a contributor here at The Cafe! (he recently started Tweeting - you can follow him here)



"Perhaps one of the best places for an uptowner or out-of-towner to observe the hipster in his natural habitat, this tin ceiling-ed Lower East Side café is the quintessential Bohemian hangout." --New York Magazine - I think Doug could have written that!

5 comments:

Meagan said...

The Pink Pony is super cute, but it's food is enh. But come to New York and I'll show you other places with this kind of charm where the food will also be satisfying! :)

Allison Shops said...

Looks like a neat place to hit for a bite when in NYC.

Darrellmorrison said...

I like the layout of this place looks like a fun place to enjoy a meal or 2 with the family.

Cate said...

I absolutely love the idea of Doug being our food and wine critic. We need him so as he has such good taste and has said on occasion he likes my cooking! The Pink Pony looks very nice and a good start to a new feature!

Temps perdu said...

I need to visit NY! I sent the link to this place to a friend who is visiting right now. She will most certainly visit;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin