Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Inspiration
These are lovely - such a great use of 2 colour printing. Now this is why I feature so much old stuff on this blog - it's not that I'm obsessed with antiques - it's just that if you want reference for beautiful design, illustration and type - the easiest place to find it is with vintage design - and, as I've said 61,892 times before, you'd better pay attention to the old stuff because, if you're looking for inspiration, you won't find it at Walmart . . .


7 comments:

Suzanne said...

oooh i love those, especially the violet one. so pretty.

i couldn't agree more about "old stuff". it seems like everything was better made, written, illustrated, recorded, performed, designed, etc, a long time ago :)

(and i hate walmart. more and more every day!)

marzi said...

these are so fantastic. great illustrations!

Cate said...

I really love these Fiona, love the colours too. Very nice, I only wish I'd found them!

Pfeiffer Photos said...

Amen to the Walmart comment, haha!

farouche said...

Wow wee!
Fiona, I feel so honored that you stopped by my little ol' blog. I adore your work and feel honored to have posted something that caught your fancy.

xoxo,
Christy

plaisirs simples said...

these are awesome!!! SUCH inspirational colors too!

cartolina said...

hey Christy - I stop by your pretty blog often! I have had these mag covers bookmarked for ages! You and I have very similar taste - good taste!
Fiona

Blog Widget by LinkWithin