Monday, April 20, 2009

My Neck of The Woods
We took a little drive up to Kaslo on Saturday morning and on the way we stopped at the Balfour Hall for a rummage sale. The West Kootenay is made up of a few little towns surrounded by mountains and lakes with Nelson(where we live) being the largest of the towns. The sale at the hall was fun and we picked up a few nice vintage things. I grabbed a vintage volume of Audubon's birds(lots of wonderful prints) and my friend Linda, who came along for the ride, scored a set of gorgeous bark cloth drapes in mint condition and some other little treasures pictured below. Which reminds me, we really need to have a yard sale this spring(to get rid of all the things I'm always picking up at rummage sales) - that'll be fun - I'll take lots of pictures.


I'm going to start posting more local stuff now that the summer is finally on it's way. I'll get out and about with my camera and introduce you to some of our local talent again. Last year's "My Neck of the Woods" posts were very popular. Let me know if there's anything in particular you would like to see. 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin