Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Illustration | Kristine Lombardi
Kristine Lombardi has such a cute web site you have to check it out. Kristine is an illustrator with a great talent for hand lettering. Her style is so  friendly and appealing I can see why she is a favourite with editors and art directors. Hand lettering has become so popular over the last couple of years - I love it's naive spontenaiety especially when it is combined with some classic type - like a Roman face, to balance the randomness - which is exactly what Kristine has done on her site. Really nicely done!



7 comments:

Kim Wallace :: Udessi said...

Gorgeous gorgeous hand lettering! And yes, I agree, combined with the right classic font it makes for the perfect combination!

Julie said...

Wow - amazing talent! Thanks for sharing Fiona!

AnnaVallance said...

I just checked out her web site-what a talent.

jenni.t said...

Wonderful work!
Thanks for the link.

Kristin said...

I love this blog! Truly so much inspiration here and pretties to view!

Allyn said...

I agree! Kristine is incredibly gifted! I love her illustration style, sense of whimsy, color & humor!!She is a good friend of mine and her personality & grace is as lovely as her work!!! So glad you showcased her here & to know about your work & blog :) Thanks!

Jennifer DeDonato said...

I totally agree about her website...its wonderful

Blog Widget by LinkWithin