Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Botanical Prints
We are taking a look at botanical prints today - everything from framed and hanging on your wall to pin-backed and hanging on your lapel. I have a soft spot for botanical prints because I collect paper ephemera and some of easiest ephemera to find comes from early botanical books. I love seeing samples of it used for fashion and decor - it always looks great when applied to fabric and even leather  - I found a very odd web site that will apply vintage botanical prints to leather cushions but their images were just not up to snuff for the cafe this morning. So off we go for a botanical tour . . .



This outrageous botanical sofa is from Anthropologie - very impressive(this is my favourite style of sofa - tight back,  rolled arms, turned legs) It almost looks like the fabric is crewel embroidered - that would too good to be true.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin