Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Window Dressing
 I watched this fellow work for hours in the window of the J Crew store across the road from our hotel. He was carefully trimming all these pink file folders and attaching them to the wall to create a repeat pattern. I think it looks great. Isn't there an Orla Kiely pattern that uses file folders in a repeat - or is it someone else?

And while we are on the subject of store windows, I have some great shots of the Sak's window on 5th Ave for you in the next couple of days.

6 comments:

jan said...

Oh I missed so much here! I didn't know you were there, or i did and i forgot - eek!

Leigh said...

What did the finished product look like?

cartolina said...

Well that's a good question leigh!
We left for the airport that night before it was finished - I'll have to send my friend over to get the 'after' picture to complete the photo essay!
f.

Brittany Noel said...

Oh my goodness, what a poor intern fellow! Haha! looks great so far. And I love that jacket!

Pfeiffer Photos said...

I 'did' windows for awhile years ago. Nothing as grand as J. Crew in NYC, but it was fun. Thanklessly long hours, nit picky bosses, perfection expecting, but so creative. :-)

Cathe (Feterie) said...

Can't wait, Fiona. I love store window displays!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin