Thursday, February 5, 2009

ABC Carpet and Home
I am feeling a bit under the weather today - all that walking around blustery Manhattan streets was bound to catch up to me sooner or later. So to cheer me up I am going to post some very pretty pictures from ABC Carpet and Home - makes me feel better just looking at them.


One of the designers that caught my eye at ABC was vermont designer, Laura Zindel. These creamy, porcelain vessels with the black engravings of flora and fauna are beautiful. The plates have a simple art nouveau edge on them so they have a slightly art and crafts feel to them - remembering that insects and birds were really popular during the arts and crafts movement. Of course this craft has a thoroughly modern feel to it.

These are the elevator doors at ABC (below) now didn't we just see something like this here . . 


Doug took lots of pictures at ABC(with big security guys following him around!) I'll show you more very soon.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin