Thursday, February 26, 2009

Le Posh
Let's embrace our shabby side this morning. I don't know about you but I still love a certain element of vintage french styling. I know the whole Eiffel Tower craze is over but I am still drawn to its elegant design and the Parisian lifestyle that it represents. Anyone who has been to Paris knows that if you fly in to Charles De Gaulle airport at night you fly right over the city and the tower is completely lit up like a torch - it's so exciting. And when you get up in the morning and go for your breakfast most cafes still serve their cafe latte in bowls just like these. Our favourite vintage store, here at the cafe, is Posh in Chicago and if you are craving a good shot of vintage Parisian style well they have beaucoup!

This is my fave - I'd really love to have this Pastis bottle - must watch out for one locally - or must go get one in Paris - ha!


Did I ever tell you that I have this crazy(large) collection of vintage Eiffel Tower postcards - I started collecting them about 15 years ago. I'll show them to you sometime - just don't tell anyone 'cos, you know, that craze is like so OVER!

12 comments:

Delphine said...

Hummmmmm... very interesting ! because you have now a french friend who lives 25 km from Paris ! i will look around for some postcards !

Julie said...

We're heading to Chicago for a few days next month - POSH is definitely on my list of places to visit!

jenni.t said...

I love those stamps at the top and the ribbons - anything french really!

jenni.t said...

I love those stamps at the top and the ribbons - anything french really!

Pfeiffer Photos said...

French AND rubber stamps? How could I resist? Nice.

curledupwithabook said...

Oooh! Love those tea cups!

Brittany Noel said...

I really like the 2F50 bowls, more so the font than the style of the bowl itself. And I really like the rubber stamps! I need to find some nice stamps as part of my packaging...

Claire said...

I don't think Paris will ever be out of style.
I really love those cups and bowls-too bad I no longer live in Chicago.

The Clever Pup said...

I was sent here by the English Muse.

Having a passion for postcards or whatever can never be out of fashion.
There's nothing wrong with having a personality of ones own.

BJ Lantz said...

Love it all! And I vote for actually going to Paris! I've been several times and always start longing to return as soon as I leave. Looking forward to seeing your postcard collection!

Michele said...

OH yes, I have this stamp set and I LOVE stamping black envelopes with parisian phrases in glossy, sparkly silver ink!

donna said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

Blog Widget by LinkWithin