Sunday, February 1, 2009

Kimonokool
One of the products that I really liked - was Kimonokool from Beaverton OR. All their wonderful products are made from scraps of vintage komonos. The hats are fabulous and I am sure they did very well at the show - the texture of all of these pieces is absolutely beautiful. Owner Joe Wayno is great fun and so enthusiastic about his product - I just love these. I know that these hats would go over very well in Nelson - the snowboard kids would love them - I've seen lots of vintage Japanese designs at the hill on skis and boards this season. Vintage Japanese design has taken on a distinctly urban edge this year.


I really wish these guys luck with their products. You can see all their wonderful things here at www.kimonokool.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin