Thursday, December 18, 2008

"What's in That Box?"
There's a box on my table next to my computer that I throw stuff into that I don't want to lose - you probably have one too, right?Stuff that I REALLY like or has inspired me in some way. Doug came into my studio the other day and asked, "What's in that box?" so I emptied out piles of lovely pieces that have been stashed in there over the last few months/years - including this tiny selection(more another day) . . . . 
Christmas card from last year from Bikini.

Linocut card by Jonny Hannah
Promo postcard by Marc Rosenthal - love this guy, check out his portfolio.
Bird card - don't know where this came from.

Christmas card from last year - nothing on back to identify it.
Beautiful card illustrated by Spanish illustrator Catalina Estrada.

Mujeres de Patzcuaro by Antonio Gomez, a postcard from a set by Chronicle Books.

One of our new cards illustrated by Doug(how did it get in the box?)


Super duper Indian postcard of Ganesh - love those clouds!
So, what's in your box?

5 comments:

Erin @ Bride Design said...

oooh, I think "what's in that box?" needs to become a regular feature! I too love those clouds on the Ganesh card. They look really similar to some abstract Mongolian designs I just used on a wedding invitation. Thanks for the reminder, I need to post a pic of that!

~amy~ said...

Okay, that was fun...looking at all of your very wonderful and fun treasures! I agree with Erin, it needs to become a regular feature :)

marzi said...

what a great idea! i'm going to have to go through mine and make a blog post about it soon! thanks for sharing yours! (p.s. i love, love, love the card by doug, but i think i've already told you that!)

Pfeiffer Photos said...

The spanish girl card is just so neat! How did you know we all have that box? I'll post mine soon...come by for a peek anytime. :0)

Mary Artmanic said...

Lovely stuff, especially like linocut card. Also find some cute here http://www.mephouse.com/eng/postcards_eng.html (p.s. my favorite is № 014 New Year Postcard «Skull» - unusual idea).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin