Monday, November 17, 2008

New Cartolina Cards!
I am so excited about our new cards. I really wanted to design some fun, sophisticated animal cards for kids - that might also crossover to adults too - and here they are! When I was a kid I really enjoyed the illustrations in The Wind in The Willows, Beatrix Potter books, Alice in Wonderland etc. (And, come on, who doesn't love animals dressed up in peoples clothes?) The backs of these cards are really fun too with vintage wallpaper and a framed "portrait". I'm not sure which one is my favourite - maybe the bear, no, maybe the fox . . . here are some pictures and some details too.






Our birthday animals are living happily in their fantastical settings - kind of reminiscent of old portrait studio backdrops don't you think? 

13 comments:

Diana Evans said...

these are wonderful cards!!! love them...and the signs are fab...

Style Guide said...

They are SO beautiful - I think the backs are as gorgeous, if not more gorgeous than the fronts - they are truly beautiful.
Jane.

juliette c. said...

Adorably!!!!
Choosing is very difficult, dear!!!!

Cicada Studio said...

Lovely! Very nicely done.

Julie said...

Wow! You've outdone yourself! These are absolutely beautiful!!

Maria Elena said...

They are all amazingly beautiful!!

very hush hush said...

Fiona! These cards are so fantastic!!
I love them all. can't wait to get my hands on them!

marzi said...

love, love, love them all! bravo!

Brittany Noel said...

These are so wonderful! I hope to get one soon :)

cartolina said...

Thanks everyone, for your comments!
Doug illustrated these for me and I think he nailed it.
I'll have a little giveaway in the next few weeks for a set of these.

Fiona.

Erin @ Bride Design said...

I'd say he nailed it! Love them all, but I think the rabbit is my favorite. I've been reading "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" to my daughter recently and these bring to mind Carroll's fantastical characters. The wallpaper-esque background on the back is great too!

poppy said...

really sweet fiona and doug!

Vicki said...

He definitely nailed it. And so did you. They are absolutely gorgeous.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin