Monday, March 12, 2012

Hello!
Surprised to see me here? I'm sorry I've been MIA for the last few weeks. The truth is that I've been finding it really tough to get all my work done everyday and then find time for the fun stuff - like blogging. I think that most biz owners find themselves in a position like this at some point. It's great to be busy, and have a thriving business, but you definitely have to sacrifice some of your leisure :-(
So I took a vacation - I just got back from 2 weeks on Maui. It was a great opportunity to step away from work and really relax. If you know me well you know that I rarely take a trip that doesn't involve work. Well that has to stop! My vacation made me realize how important it is to take care of ones self. I was able to 'zoom out' from my life and see it in a new perspective. It's so true that a person can get too 'close' to their work and yet not be able to see it clearly. Coming back with fresh eyes I'm reminded how lucky I am to have such an interesting life, loyal friends and a fab job.

I miss my blog - I miss the feedback and the connection to you guys :-)
I have so much stuff bookmarked to show you - let's get started!
These ceramics are from Katrin Moye via Print and Pattern. Stunning!

11 comments:

ALL ABOUT CHOCOLATE CREATIVE... said...

Beautiful ceramics!! I know how you feel, I am about to take 2 weeks off from London, back to my small island in the Ocean Atlantic, although I am taken work, I am closing my shop for first time since i opened. WE need to rest to reactivate our brains and feel energized and inspired again, so well done for doing it.
Marga

Brittany said...

I'm so happy to see back around here again! It sounds like your vacation was wonderful, on many different levels. That's so great. Going on a vacation can be so eye-opening and really put things into perspective.

These ceramics are so pretty. I love the colors, especially this time of year! Here's to Cartolina :)

AnnaVallance said...

So glad to hear you are back. Great though that you could get away and have some nice relaxing time.

Wini said...

Dear Fiona, I hope you had a wonderful vacation!! These ceramics are so absolutely gorgeous!! I really love colours and delicate patterns. Thanks for sharing!

balthazar58 said...

Well done! You are setting a good example for us who may have a hard time separating from our work.
I have tried to find your blog on the scraps of cloth used to reunite mothers and their children at an orphanage in England in the 19th century. That story has stayed with me and I would love to know more about it. Can you find it for me?
thanks Fiona!

Milady Productions said...

welcome back! perspective is a wonderful thing. i agree! and those robin's egg easter spring ceramics are so cheerful and sweet.

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

i love aqua and lime green together. pretty patterns.

hardydanielle said...

Beautiful colors put together, so cheery and pretty! Thank you for the post! I am definitely in need of some ceramic bowls ;)

prom dresses said...

So glad to see these pretty and adorable things!!!love the colors, the patterns!!!

MCherryh said...

These color combinations are stunning. They would look great in my dinning room. Patterns are detailed and very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ceramics!!RS Gold I know how you feel, I am about to take 2 weeks off from London, back to my small island in the Ocean Atlantic, although I am taken work,Buy WOW Gold I am closing my shop for first time since i opened.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin