Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend treasure hunting

We went to a very good antique sale in Sandpoint Idaho at the weekend - Sandpoint is about 3 hours from here, south across the border. There are quite a few good vintage shops down there and this was a one weekend only sale. It was in a big barn and there were lots of large, farm and industrial pieces that I would have snapped up if I had the space for them. I was really impressed. Here are a few pictures of some of the smaller pieces

Even though it was in a barn they had merchandised everything really well.



Loved this old linoleum rug. It was in remarkable condition considering it's probably almost 100 years old.

8 comments:

Miranda said...

Oh, to have been there! Looks heavenly (esp. the birdcage).

Layers and Layers said...

that linoleum rug is fantastic .. done by some one with pretty good talent is looks like! What did you buy?

Jan | Poppytalk said...

love those rulers !!!!! and that canoe and ...looks like a great sale!

'odd and old' Linda Dacey said...

oooh
the
joy
...

***

Mitzi said...

Wow, I love that linoleum rug! I've been looking for one for quite some time here in Michigan. I have a feeling many folks are throwing them away when they renovate old homes....

The Armchair Parisian said...

Looks like great fun! I'd have been all over those rulers!!!

megan said...

Wow! Such great finds! I love the birdcage, my parents had one just like it.

christina said...

this looks like a shop I could spend hours in!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin