Thursday, March 17, 2011

John Ward

We have a new café in Nelson. My friend Amy opened the John Ward Café 2 days ago in THE BEST location in Nelson. I'm very excited for her and very excited that she asked me to design a logo for her. Thanks Amy! So I headed in to Nelson yesterday morning to have my first latté and I was so impressed with the space - especially the cool vintage wall treatment. Apparently a friend had found these old boards, from vintage packing crates, in the wall of an old house they were renovating in Nelson and asked Amy if she could use them - she's so creative(as is her whole family) So they put them to good use, on the wall and I thinks it's fab fab fab! I couldn't wait to show you because I know you are going to love it too. . . . .




10 comments:

Kerri said...

This cafe looks amazing! I so wish I still lived in Nelson so that I could visit!
Anyway, your logo looks beautiful!

Cathe said...

Very cool!

Hanna said...

Is she on Baker? I'll have to stop in :)

Three Owls said...

how sweet is that. very. Lovely logo too. I will have to visit next time I make a trip to the 'city' :)

lori (aka: marzi) said...

great job on the logo! the walls are so cool too!

cate said...

Gosh! I love what she has done with vintage packing crates! Looks a great place to go for coffee - the logo, the name, the decor, perfect!

Layers and Layers said...

Now that's Brilliant! What a great use of something vintage that might not have been in the best shape. LOVE when people think WAAAAAAY outside the box!

fleurish studio said...

Oh I am so glad she did what she did... I heard it was meant to be named Twiggy's and was going to be all country... I wonder what happened to the rest of the copper that was in there... I bet I could find a use for it ;)I also really loved the wee light fixtures... she is the woman who owns Grounded too, no? I hope she intends to sell Little Miss Gelato there as well!

Love the logo, of course. Is the coffee good? (I just peeked in)

AnnaVallance said...

One wall in our workshop is made up of the end boards of grape boxes from California. That is one wall that is going with us when we move.

Alana said...

Amazing, I love those walls!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin