Thursday, November 18, 2010

New love

I went to Victoria last weekend. When I'm in Victoria I never miss an opportunity to visit Fan Tan Gallery - one of my favourite shops. This time I fell in love with an Indian quilt and couldn't think straight for the rest of the afternoon - so had to go back and get it! What hooked me was the bright orange and turquoise panels lying next to the muted rose and teal panels - I love it. The quilt is very crudely done and overwashed which makes it even better as far as I'm concerned. It's covered in rows of tiny, bright coloured stitches - I'm in love!



7 comments:

P U R P L E - D E E R said...

I love brights next to mutes...Especially teal and oranges are my fav complementary color combo. SIGH I wish my husband had more of a girly pallet or just didn't care what I brought home to decorate with...he just can't appreciate.

Lee said...

That is one gorgeous quilt - no wonder you couldn't resist it.

lori (aka: marzi) said...

great find, as usual!

Amy said...

This is so gorgeous!

Brittany at Home Ground said...

The local shop that carries my jewelry line, Haven, also carries similar Indian quilts. More than anything else, I love the constant stitches! You definitely got a beauty there :)

Natasha said...

This is a beautiful quilt, the colors, patterns, stitches, it's no wonder you had to go back!

WordsAndEggs said...

Gorgeous! Wish I had one to wrap myself in... :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin