Friday, November 5, 2010

Inspiration - Kaleidoscope patchwork quilt

Oh boy, I like this! I didn't notice this 'Kaleidoscope' quilt when I was trolling around Urban Outfitters site the other day but then I spotted it here. The only trouble is that we have a King size bed and, if you have one, you'll know that the only problem with a King sized bed is that whatever you put on it takes up a lot of real estate and can look very overwhelming in an average size room. I'm afraid this quilt might look very busy in our room - it is lovely though, isn't it?


4 comments:

Quilter422 said...

if the whole quilt shows it might indeed be too busy - but what about folding it to just show a portion - say the border or two of the blocks - heck, with that much going on you could change it to a different look every week - and having it across the bottom of the bed only?

Sofie from Envelop.eu said...

Wow.

Didn't notice him in Urban Ourfitters Anwerp either...

Straight onto my Christmas wishlist :)

Megan said...

I also agree with the folding the quilt in half and keeping it at the end of the bed. I also have a king sized bed and find that the best way to dress it is put a plain, neutral colored blanket over the whole bed (I use a pure white quilt), then put another patterned quilt or blanket folded in half on the end of the bed, then dress it up with a bunch of pillows (some solid colors and some patterned).

Beautiful quilt, by the way!

modish said...

I own this quilt! I have a queen, but it doesn't feel overwhelming at all for our room. We have eclectic taste, tho! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin