Monday, August 30, 2010

Inspiration - who do you work with?

Good morning! How are you?
I bought these vintage Turquoise Drawing Pencils for Doug the other day from Mushroom and Moss - thought they might inspire him - there's nothing like having a row of fresh new pencils lined up on your drawing table ready for action! Doug and I have worked together for 16 years - I can't imagine having a better person to work with, he inspires me everyday. I was wondering how many of you also work with your partners? Do you share a studio? Have you worked together for long or is this new for you both? I'm interested to know how you feel about living and working together. Leave me a comment if you have time - thanks!

6 comments:

Tamara Nicole said...

Those pencils are fun!!! I do not work with my hubby, but hope to run a charity with him someday and would LOVE to work together:-)

Quilter422 said...

we don't work together as we are in different fields, but we do both work from home and have had to learn to manage that. we've been at it 10 years now and it's fine. the only real "problem" is that since we work from home we're never really not at work. we're working on better defining that line.

Julie said...

I don't work with anyone. My husband works from home sometimes - which is nice, but then again, we get distracted from work and do fun stuff together instead. Good for the marriage; bad for business. :-)

claudia said...

What a great question. Paul doesn't work with me as we are in completely different fields, but sometimes on the weekends on in the evenings he's a trooper and helps me package or count orders. He's very business oriented too which is nice especially now as I prep for NSS. I think sometimes he is more excited than I am. You and Doug are lucky to inspire each other and I love the blue pencils! what a nice bonus :)

miss b said...

I work with my ex-boyfriend on a regular basis (we worked together before we parted). We're both quite chilled out people. If we're working on a project together, we always have a slightly stressy bit where we're getting through the inspiration bit, and then it's all fine.

Helen | numsi said...

When I'm not doing numsi stuff, I collaborate with my husband. We are installation artists (www.tectonic-industries.com) and have worked together since 1999.
Most of the time it's good, leaving home and getting to the studio is key to mentally separate from home/kids/life and get into work mode, but I love to work with him.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin