Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vintage cigarette cards

Kate from Coquette and Dove wrote to tell me about these cigarette cards that she had seen at Miss Moss - and she knew I would love them. They are from a series of 'how to' cards: How to draw a duck without lifting your pencil. How to suck a splinter out of your hand with a jam jar. All the way down to 'how to hold small animals'. All extremely useful things to know(check here for the other explanations). Even better I found 2 great new blogs - Coquette and Dove and Miss Moss.







6 comments:

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

I LOVE THESE!!!!

fanciful devices said...

gorgeous.
what's the smoking guy doing?

fancylinda said...

These are fantastic! I now have the duck one as my desktop wallpaper.

Fiona Cartolina said...

Thanks for your comments - the smoking guy is impressing all his friends by lighting his cigarette with a chunk of ice and piece of magnesium(a household item in 1910?) Too funny!
Glad you like these!
Fiona

Emily said...

Oh my goodness- I LOVE these! Humorous AND vintage; you can't go wrong:)

JacquiLee said...

New reader! I love these - vintage art and design items are so inspiring.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin