Monday, July 19, 2010

The Makeover - Episode II

So off we went to Kelowna on Friday to pick up the sofa and love seat that we found last weekend. I'm so glad I still loved it when I saw it for only the 2nd time. We loaded it onto Doug's truck and got home, after the 4hr drive, at 9pm on Saturday. It was a very hot evening but we hauled the old furniture out to the carport and hauled the new furniture in. I love it and I think it's a great start to the makeover. I picked up four, nice, feather filled pillows from Homesense in a graphic, black and white design - keeping in mind that the plan is to paint the armoire a soft matte black.

So below is a photograph I took yesterday morning and the last picture is after I have Photoshopped a black armoire and different wall art into the shot. I think that with some more editing of the 'country'accessories and new white walls it's going to come together quite quickly. I am realizing as i go through this process that though I crave a slick urban look it really doesn't suit our house or our location so I think I will call it 'eclectic modern' - or 'urban country' when I am finished!


Thanks so much to all of you who have sent me your great ideas and inspiring links - it has helped so much! I love getting them!


16 comments:

carina said...

The new sofas and pillows are perfection. Can't wait to see the progress...

Layerstoo said...

great job....such a great room for you to work with.. and agree that "urban country" is a great direction.

Cate said...

Love the new sofas,actually love everything Fiona! Definitely paying Nelson a visit when it's all finished :)

Chris Chun said...

I love the little pops of colour from the Feist poster and bird prints.

Nina said...

It´s perfect!

Sunday in bed said...

Hi Fiona,
this is a really beautiful piece! The colour is perfect. You`ve got always the right taste in things. :)
Your blog is very inspirational....Beate :)

Chantale said...

Oh Fiona.. I am swooning!! I love it and I love your choice of graphic pillows too. Can't wait to see your armoire in the black. It'll really ground everything. Love love love!

Michelle from Holley and Gill said...

I adore the colour of them, much more original than a lot out there. Also am loving that Feist poster, can't wait to see the next steps!

OhMyAmpersand said...

Beautiful! We've had that same sofa (same colour too!) for 4 years and we still love it! I look forward to seeing more updates! :)

Laurie Grassi said...

Fabulous! So great to see it coming together! :) L

ks said...

Love it! I have a book called Urban Country Style -- it's a great book, you'd love it. Fits my taste too! Keep sharing the pics, please!

Jane Flanagan said...

Looks great! I love your cushion choices!

Brittany Noel said...

Things are really pulling together now! The armoire will look fabulous when it's painted black. Especially with the posters on either side of it. Hang in there!

Emily said...

Love the couches! They look great with those pillows:) Congrats; I know how good it feels to get things to more of where you want them (if that makes any sense at all!)
Em

Pfeiffer Photos said...

The sofas are great! Might consider painting the fireplace mantel and swapping out your screen for something more urban/modern--maybe more geometric lines--to push the "slick" even a little more.

Leigha said...

Love it! It's a great, custom style.
P.S. Black chalkboard paint makes for a sleek finish on furniture (and fun, fun, fun!).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin