Monday, May 10, 2010


Found
Doug's best pal Robert has, for years, had a blue face lady painting hanging in his home - a bachelor with good taste, no less. And I, for years, would suggest that perhaps it was quite tacky and he should hang something else. Well low and behold his favourite art piece is a hot item these days - and I can hardly believe that I now know who the artist is Tretchikov. I find these paintings very pleasing these days - I've come a long way baby!

Second and third image are from here.

5 comments:

Erla Erlingsdóttir said...

Dear Fiona.
I came across your blog when creating sets for fun on Polyvore.
I must say your blog and your sense of style is wonderful.
I will start following you if this is ok and go back to your blog again.
Thank you so much for sharing. Truly inspiring.
Thank you.
Erla in Vienna
PS. I also have a blog but not as great :-)

Me salen alas (si me paras los pies...) said...

Oh!! I love the last one.
Kisses from Madrid

Mlle Paradis said...

yes they are everywhere these days aren't they?

something about the color and the kitsch. i do remember when they used to be sold in old school '70's lo-end discount stores when i was a kid and i thought they were awful then!

ya never know!

Linda said...

tacky or not, I love the second and third

Hi Octane Jewelry said...

I have the top one in my dining slash hallway. I just love her...... My girlfriend has 3...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin