Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Window Shopping
So say you won the lottery today, what would you pick out at Appley Hoare? I would go for mostly green blue treasures starting with this set of majolica asparagus plates. (At the last antique fair I went to there was a booth that sold nothing but majolica and it was a feast for the eyes.) Then I would head straight for any wooden furniture with blue green paint - preferably peeling paint. Then I would grab a handful of old books, some monogramed french linens and I'd be out the door and back to my cute flat with the high ceilings in Kensington. How 'bout you?




12 comments:

Di Overton said...

Appley Hoare is one of those shops where making a decision is impossible

fanciful devices said...

I'd spend all my time hoarding little antiques for found object jewelry. I'd pay someone else to worry about the house. then i'd probably drool at pictures of you lottery-dream-house.

Kickcan and Conkers said...

I think I love almost everything in this shop, but... the... price...tags...

Fiona Cartolina said...

Kickan and Conkers. I know the prices are mad! that's why we have to win the lottery before we go shopping there!
F.

Kickcan and Conkers said...

This Dutch shop has some nice old distressed furniture - I'm looking for an armoire for our kitchen, some lovely ones here

http://www.oldbasics.nl/html/webwinkel.html

Chris Chun said...

I have to have those plates - they're gorgeous!

lisaroy said...

I think you've pretty well summed it up - we have identical taste! xx

jamaica byles said...

Uhm....can I please have that delectable credenza? The one with the distressed blue finish.I would lash it to my back and haul it home if needed......

Jane Flanagan said...

Oh those linens! Love!!

Charlotta Ward said...

I realize now how much I have missed your blog!

You post the lovelies things.

Please can you add an email subscription gadget?! I don't want to miss any more.

Email me if you need to know how.

x Charlotta

Leigha said...

All of these images are scrumptious!

Anita said...

I would wrestle you for the plates and then get those lines to press and hang as shades in my library...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin