Monday, April 26, 2010

Wanda Gag was a children's book illustrator in the 1920s and 30s. Her books are considered some of the first children's picture books. Her best known books are Millions of Cats and The ABC Bunny. I mentioned Wanda here last week so I thought you might like to see more of her work. We have a copy of ABC Bunny around here somewhere but I couldn't find it while I was writing this post - it's an original lithographed version, very cool. Here are some images if you are interested.


hatjunkie said...

Beautiful! I had never heard of her before. Also love that oil cloth lunchbox/suitcase from your last post. Such great finds.

angela said...

My children love that book and I do too. Such an inspiration your blog! Thank you.

Lisa Graves said...

my oh my oh my. what a beautiful blog you have my dear. So much inspiration, I don't know where to begin!

Charlotta Ward said...

Amazing illustrations! All ink?
I'd love to see the real things. Will look out for her books in my travels.

Fantastic work. So detailed.

x Charlotta

Blog Widget by LinkWithin