Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I was watching The Antiques Roadshow last night and a TWA poster by David Klein was featured. It inspired me to look Mr Klein up and research more of his work. He was very prolific on the 50s and 60s and worked at TWA as one of their in-house designers. I thought you might enjoy them too - I think all you mid-century design junkies will be drooling over these - this California one would look amazing framed on some retro wood paneling walls.

These aren't the best images - looks like they are photographs rather than scans


Scatterbox said...

Ahhh!!! I meant to watch that episode specifically for the TWA poster, and I missed it! Thank you for looking into this artist. Those posters are so amazing, I can't stand it. Want. Want. Want.

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Some nice Klein in this shop too :

Kate said...


Heidi said...

We're huge fans of his work. Here's some of his New York posters from a post we did about him earlier this year: http://blog.rockscissorpaper.com/2010/01/new-york-here-we-come/

Being a Cali-girl, I am totally drooling over that California one!
Thanks for posting!

Brancoprata said...

Love them all, specially the one from Portugal!! Yay!

farouche said...

Fiona these are great! I love the California and the owl one especially.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin