Friday, April 9, 2010

I could look at this stuff all day - chromolithographs from the mid 1800s. I love the printing technique and the amazing colours that seem to pop off the pages. I love using this style of imagery on our cards because the saturation is so beautiful and the detail is incredible. Original plates from here.


J.Me. said...

They look so real!!

forrestina vintage said...

Very pretty! This post reminded me--I was poking around a vintage shop tonight and found a pile of letterpress sheets from The Oregonian newspaper (our local rag), from around 1920s-1930s--reminded me of you, Fiona. They would look fantastic in frames on my wall. They were $20 each and you know I really should go back and buy one..or two..or three..

Joanna Goddard said...

these are beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin