Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Good morning!
I'm back from my mini vacation to Victoria. It was a lovely break. Victoria has such a beautiful climate - they don't really experience winter at all(we lived in Victoria for 3 years and I loved it!) So around about this time of year it's always great to fast forward ourselves into spring and take a look at how the warmer half lives! We were only away for 3 days but we managed to pack a lot of eating drinking and walking in. I took lots of photos with my iPhone so I thought I'd share those with you. today. Doug took some great ones on his camera too so I'll get those downloaded some time tomorrow and sort through them for a post here in the next couple of days(hint: he got quite obsessed with the red lanterns hanging all over Chinatown!)


The flight into Victoria is gorgeous - flying right over the Gulf Islands.
Below - Fan Tan Gallery

One of our first stops in Chinatown was a favourite of mine Fan Tan Gallery(who I featured right here a year or so ago - these 1st two pictures are from the previous post just to give you an idea of what a cool space it is.)
I was really impressed with the new steel furniture that they have. Great patina!


These sweet little vintage egg cups were in one of the wooden cupboards at Fan Tan - they have a few choice vintage pieces in the store.

Next stop was Chintz and Co(below) - which is a bit of an institution in Victoria - another fabulous interior space - probably originally a warehouse, on the waterfront - high ceilings and brick walls, lots of levels and tons of cool stuff.


How sweet are these little blue dressers?


Stopped and bought some tea at a great new tea house (Venus Sophia) across the street from Fan Tan Gallery on Fisgard St - owned by some former Nelson residents - it's a wonderful new bright spot in Chinatown - below - and the decor is WONDERFUL.


10 comments:

Cate said...

All the pics look great Fiona! I wish I had spotted that little sausage dog on top of the metal cabinet!
Thanks for the fun time, looking forward to Dougs pics and his Victoria restaurant critique. Ha!

Hi Octane Jewelry said...

Love the Tree in bloom, wonderful color. Love the metal cabinet and the egg cups and Quan Yin lamps...

manon 21 said...

Merci pour cette belle ballade.


Manon

BJ Lantz said...

Now I wanna go. Looks like fun shopping!

AnnaVallance said...

We love Victoria! Spent our honeymoon there and then went back after twenty years of wedded bliss. Just about due for another visit.

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time - nice to see you back!

Brittany Noel said...

That place looks beautiful. It's hard for me to even picture flowering trees right now. There's still snow on the ground! I'd love to take a little spring-cation about now. I'm glad you guys had fun :)

Debra said...

I love the idea of travelling to the coast to get a taste of spring and coming home to do it all over again. Of course, I do have a love affair with those cherry blossoms! Wonder if I could be a clever enough traveller to catch cherries blossoming all year round? Thanks for the 'spring break' pictures Fiona!

Three Owls said...

Great photos...Victoria is such a great place to visit...just the right size and laid back attitude, and of course adorable buildings and shops.

ks said...

I love the egg cups!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin