Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Inspiration
Okay, I know what it's like, you feel like you've died and gone to heaven - no you're just right here at The Cafe allowing yourself to indulge in my latest obsession - good old fashioned embroidery. I could have called this trend you know - I saw it coming and now I am completely smitten - by these one of a kind bags from Carolina Gana. Thank you Lori for alerting me to these amazing works of art. It says on her Etsy shop, Le Petit Rococo - "Born and raised in Santiago, Chile, I have been embroidering for most of my life and continue to be very passionate about rescuing and preserving the ancient embroidery of different cultures. My intention as an artisan is to bring all of the century old techniques that I have mastered over many years, into the modern world through stunning, one-of-a-kind merchandise that is both contemporary and elegant." Absolutely awe inspiring Carolina, we thank you!

13 comments:

Brittany Noel said...

This is incredible embroidery work. I'm so glad you were alerted! This is one technique that I hope to practice and master when I graduate.

Mlle Paradis said...

Always happy to view your embroidery finds!

Linda said...

So gorgeous. I love the beads too.

vadjutka said...

Beautiful!
I really like your taste - there is always something for me in your finds :-)

Now something for you. I dont remember where I have seen this bag, but it is just gorgeous. Maybe I have seen it here - in this case sorry for the repetition :-)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37687472

Julie said...

Simply gorgeous - the amount of time that has gone into these pieces must be mind boggling. So very pretty!

hatjunkie said...

So incredible. Embroidery is such a beautiful art form. I love finding vintage embroidered textiles and thinking of all the hours put in to them by unknown women.

daniela rota nodari said...

Hello Fiona,
Beatiful Blog!!!!!

Kisses :)

Daniela "DREAM SHABBY CHIC"
from MILANO Italy

Elena (Tickled Pink Knits) said...

Absolutely exquisite detailing. Just magnificent! Reminded me of learning to embroider rococo-style when I was a teenager.
Thank you for sharing!

daisy janie said...

Oh yes!! I found this spectacular etsy seller yesterday when I was compiling my heart-to-heart post for Scoutie Girl. I tweeted about her out-of-control hand embroidery as well and included her in my post yesterday day....amazing work! H2H is a very fun way for me to discover new shops b/c I'm literally following the faves of each seller as I go. You can see the heart trail here.

Cate said...

Beautiful work! beautiful beads!

JenJen said...

This is the most beautiful pattern I have ever seen. It is chic enough to carry through the city, but is simple enough to swing around the country. I love it! Thanks so much for sharing!

Cara said...

The embroidery is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

Three Owls said...

Wow.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin