Monday, March 1, 2010

Board?
You may have heard me on Twitter - looking for organizational ideas for the studio. I have a large wall that I want to create an interactive notice board to keep us organized. We have distributors in 5 countries and I need to keep on top of each account. I don't particularly want a chalk board because I know that certain people will find it very hard not to embellish every note they write! So I had decided that a white board was the solution(yuck). But as I was browsing the Pottery Barn catalog I noticed a few good ideas including grouping a collection of small whiteboards together(below.) I think I might try that idea - but I like these boards too - I always fall for pretty over practical - must stop doing that!

I think this(above) might be the solution - a grouping of small whiteboards - it would keep the accounts organized and look better than one big, shiny, wobbly, white sheet - anythings better than that!

6 comments:

AnnaVallance said...

Practical over pretty. Why can't we have both?

iva yaneva said...

Pottery Barn have some really great organizers - I've been looking at their catalog for ages:) Unfortunately, we don't have them here but some are not that hard to make yourself too. I love the top two ones you posted :)

Bekah said...

I have designed some pretty whiteboard decals that you might be interested in. You can check them out here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SpellitOutdesigns

marzi said...

i think i love the first one the most...even though it's probably not the most practical option.

Sara said...

maybe this would help: http://www.ideapaint.com

andrea of ffft said...

I think these are great ideas... the bottom one the most efficient looking. Idea: make sure you buy magnetic white boards so you can tack stuff to them like business cards or whichever OR like I tend to do, feathers, bits of fabric... tiny presents from my kids... the REALLY important things :) And you can always sub the bottom two corkboards with fabric covered framed ones to look less, corkboardy...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin