Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Illustration
I'm designing this week. I get pretty focused when I'm in the studio. I find that when I am designing in the winter I have to be careful that I look for brightly coloured inspiration because the product I'm designing at the moment won't go to market until late spring. These caught my eye at Share Some Candy last week - if you know me at all you know I like elephants. These look like they are illustrated on brown wrapping paper - the bright colours and detailed drawings are fabulous on the drab background. Really inspired me to mix bright colours with dark neutrals this time 'round :-)



7 comments:

Juniper said...

Very nice! Am a fan of elephants too and lately am very keen on orange. Love the contrast between the orange with the olive shade of brown in the first picture.

lori said...

the elephant is breathtaking!

Julie said...

The detail on the elephant is amazing.

Linda said...

Love the elephant. The colors are amazing.

Three Owls said...

The paper flowers are so amazing! It may be paper day instead of fabric, I am so inspired:)
Love this morning read with my coffee...thanx, Lara

hi! i'm katie. said...

love them! now if only there was one with a rhinoceros...



p.s. please don't post about snowmobile or manicure trends.

Allyn said...

These are Great! The elephant is rendered beautifully and agree that orange on darker background really pops!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin