Wednesday, November 4, 2009

This month, thanks to Jennifer at GreetQ, our little Cartolina notebooks are featured in Traditional Home Magazine. I never realized what a beautiful magazine it is - gorgeous features, wonderful layout, nice quality paper. It got me thinking about magazines. For the last 15 years I have always subscribed to a great selection of home decor magazines but recently I let them all expire. I have been without magazines for a few months - and I've really missed them. I will hate it if more of my favourites go out of business because people like me are spending more time looking at online design blogs and e-zines than the pages of pretty publications. So yesterday I signed up for all my faves again, Style at Home, Canadian House and Home, Living, Sunset, Harpers and now Traditional Home. I also signed Doug up for Fine Home Building and Rolling Stone. I want to encourage you to buy more magazines, renew your subscriptions and encourage your friends to do the same - Doug and I can't single handedly prop up the industry by ourselves you know!


Jen @ said...

I've collected magazines since I was a teen so I'm with you on supporting this industry. The Traditional Home coverage was totally deserved too. Everyone loves the notebooks!

Linda said...

I love getting my new magazine's in the mail each month, like little presents I can enjoy with my coffee.
Great photo in the magazine Fiona

Cate said...

I have a magazine mountain. I'm always buying and will continue to do so. I agree with Linda they are like little presents and it's so exciting!
Well done for yesterday

Alissa said...

Congratulations--what a lovely feature! I completely agree with you about the joy of browsing a real paper magazine. Viewing online doesn't give you the opportunity to tear out favorite pages, or build a lovely personal library. I recently renewed my subscription to Yoga Journal and Country Living, and I'm adding Real Simple to the list as well.

Laurie Grassi said...

Thanks so much for your support, Fiona! It's so appreciated. You know how we love you and your fabulous cards. Your fans can see one of your creations on the last page of our December 2009 Style at Home issue, on the stands now.

Happy reading!

Laurie Grassi
Executive Editor
Style at Home (aka Natural Chic blogger)

Laurie Grassi said...


Fiona Cartolina said...

Hope I instigated a rush on magazine subscriptions today!
Thanks all,

ks said...

Yaaaaaay for mags.
I must blog more about them too.
Congrats on your beautiful mention, love TH too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin