Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh the possibilities
I saw this on Paper Tastebuds the other day. I am really drawn to this because of the display possibilities. Everything you displayed in these frames would become a show piece or a work of art - how fun. I have so many things in cupboards and drawers that I would love to display but I am really not sure how to do it without my home looking like a junk store. I think that the middle frame and the last one with the hook would be most useful to me. I have a very big blank wall that I have been considering options for and I think this is a great idea - it could be an ever changing gallery of curiosities. What do you think?

5 comments:

AnnaVallance said...

I love framing mementoes - my t-shirt from the Dirty Duck Pub in Stratford-upon-Avon still looks great, and recently I framed a shoe horn from Italy. There are so many possibilities.

marzi said...

brilliant! now i know what i'll be looking for when thrifting today! fun stuff!

Molly said...

I love this idea! Great way to feature lovely items, and whenever inspired you can change things up... now, if I only had some empty wall space.

cartolina said...

I think I might try to make this display this weekend. I have a bunch of old frames. i think they key would be to paint the entire thing white and then hang it on a dark wall so it showcases your stuff. I will try making the little shelf one first. Thanks for our comments! Have a great weekend,
Fiona

Brittany Noel said...

This would be perfect! I'm terrible with display because I can never decide if I want something on the wall for forever. What a perfect solution!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin