Friday, June 5, 2009

Vintage Canadian graphics
I love this type! I have dozens of vintage felt penants from Canadian resorts - I'll show you some cool ones some time soon - maybe on Canada day! And the railway logo is just classic!


jenni.t said...

These are fantastic - and I'm not even canadian!

Adrienne said...

Oh, I love these. My brother-in-law has a fabulous series of B&W photos of the CP lodges (and some wonderful Medalta (I think) pottery with CP logos.) I've been desperately trying to find penants from the west coast -- Tofino or Ucluelet (or even better, one from Long Beach) -- but I don't think they exist. If anyone out there in cyberspace finds one, please think of me. (I can be found through the linked blog.)

cartolina said...

Hi adrienne - I have pennants from all the old BC resorts like Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, Penticton etc. They are wonderful. I will watch out for Tofino. Maybe Tofino doesn't have any because it wasn't really considered a holiday place until just the last 40 years and most pennants are older than that - just a thought?
Thanks for the comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin