Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ashley Rush from Rowan's Room wrote to me to tell me about her ribbon mirrors and chalkboards. I loved them as soon as I saw them(and I think you will too!) Ashley says, "Each one is lovingly handcrafted from an antique cabinet door (which makes this an environment friendly item). Most of these doors are over 100 years old, and they reflect those years through their unique beauty. The wood, originally harvested from such magnificent trees such as Maple, Oak, Elm and Eucalyptus gives each one it's own individual character. The frames, using mortise and tenon contain no nails, therefore enhancing the craftsmanship and unique appearance."


These are so simple and sweet and I love the fact that she hasn't refinished each piece and removed the well worn patina. Ashley has a great eye and all her pieces are a great price point. Check out the rest of her work right here. Thanks Ashley!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin