Monday, April 27, 2009

Shopping | World Market
I went to Spokane WA to do some shopping at the weekend and as usual found myself in World Market buying lots of pretty wrapping paper and bags(World Market is one of the places that I love to buy paper products - I really appreciate their block printed papers and exotic patterned gift bags.) So while I was there a couple of new things caught my eye - I didn't have my camera with me so I found these images on their web site. These mirrors are reverse painted(hand painted) onto distressed mercury glass. They are so pretty and sparkly and very authenticly exotic looking. These images really don't do them justice at all. So next time you are near a World Market check them out. They are truly lovely.

The other thing that I really loved was this little hand painted side table - isn't it sweet?

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Hard to believe those mirrors are available at World Market. Sadly, the WM near us closed. :-(

Liza said...

I wonder how they can afford to sell these reverse painted, hand painted, mirrors for under $100. I do reverse painting on glass, and while it's not brain surgery, it's not something you whip out in under an hour. Not with this intricacy and coverage. I think somebody is not getting paid a living wage for their labor. Just a guess.

fancylinda said...

Ooh, pretty! On my last excursion to World Market I bought a flower-painted desk from the same line as the side table in the picture. I love it! Now I have to go back and get one of those mirrors...

Quadrat mosaicos calcáreos said...

These mirrors are made in Peru, they are called Cuscaja Mirrors. There they are everywhere that's why they are so cheap. But they have a lot of work on them and every one is different to the other.

Lizzz said...

Actually, these mirrors are not "Cuscajas", they are mirrors from Cajamarca (Peru). They are more simple than cuscajas, but equally beautiful.
You can find some "cuscajas" here:
http://www.inka-store.com/lang-en/76-mirrors
They are called cuscajas because they combine the style of both cities Cajamarca and Cusco (Peru)...
I found this web page, they have nice products from Peru...and more things in this style (jewelry boxes, mirrors, crosses, etc).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin