Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My time
I know that some of the other design blogs have a very admirable blogging agenda - a tight, well evolved system of daily features and a consistent, though sometimes narrow, design focus. To put it simply, I don't. If I like something, if it catches my eye, if it speaks to me - then  it may very well make it to my blog. I figure if you are a regular reader here then you probably know this by now and won't be confused or offended if I dedicate an entire post to some pretty pictures of vintage alarm clocks. I found the very last image here on Kim's photostream yesterday when I was looking at her vintage fabric and it just reminded me of how pretty they are. Reminds me of waking up at our summer cottage in Scotland when I was a kid.

From here

From here

From here


10 comments:

Jessica Jean said...

I love vintage alarm clocks...especially the ones in these photos. Lovely post as always. :) Your posts are always a treat.

Suzanne said...

that is one of the many reasons why i love read blog in the first place! u never know what to expect and it's always something fun, interesting and fresh, not stuff that's been regurgitated on 15 other blogs :)

Suzanne said...

oopsies, apparently i forgot a couple words there... i meant to say "i love TO read YOUR blog"
:D

cartolina said...

Not to worry Suzanne - I speak like that too when I am not fully caffeinated in the morning - good thing I write my posts at night!

marzi said...

love vintage alarm clocks....i have a vintage baby ben that sits on my night stand what i just love!

AnnaVallance said...

I love all those clocks.

Link said...

The Urban Decor presents an extensive range of designer clocks ,Such UK design, nextime clocks for your home.

Pfeiffer Photos said...

Your blog is the BOMB, my friend! So inspired am I by yours that I reorganized mine and thought to myself while doing so...'what would Fiona do?' No flattery, here, just sayin'.

Thanks for always giving us such lovelies to indulge our eyes on!!

jen jafarzadeh said...

makes we want to start my own collection. and i'm all for spontaneous posting — it's more organic and out-of-box that way.

kids bedroom furniture said...

I liked your post, I will bookmark your site and follow you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin